Safety Lane Mechanic in Brimingham, Alabama
Looking for a Safety Lane Mechanic.No experience necessary!
Contract to Hire
Shift: M - F, 7 am - 4 pm and 3 pm - midnight
Pay: $13.00+ per hour, depending on experience
The Safety Lane Mechanic is responsible for inspecting tractor trailers and trucks to assess if repairs are needed as required by DOT Regulations.
Safety Lane Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capable of operating power tools and equipment.
- Obtains replacement parts and turns in unserviceable parts to part section while adhering to
- policies and required procedures.
- Repairing lights
- Repairing air leaks
- Changing tires, brakes, cargo straps
- Assisting Drivers with Auxiliary Equipment
- Determines extent of corrective action and repair parts required to correct malfunctions
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Candidates For The Safety Lane Mechanic Position Will Have Met The Following::
- Equivalent of a high school diploma or GED.
- Must furnish own tools and steel toe boots.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass DOT drug test & DOT physical.