Diesel Mechanic in Brooklyn, New York
Contract to Hire
Shift: 1st and 2nd are available
Pay: $29.00 per hour
Qualified Candidates For The Diesel Mechanic Position Will Have Met The Following:
- Possession of the required certification for the assigned location by a recognized certifying agency
- (e.g. Certification by the ASE testing program to attain Master School Bus Technician standards within two years after employment, possession of a Red Seal endorsed interprovincial certificate as certified journeyman, Ontario Truck and Coach certification (310T) etc).
- Thorough knowledge of vehicles (e.g. from tires and headlights to working components of gas and diesel powered engines).
- Knowledge of the appropriate set up, use and operations of relevant tools and test equipment used to diagnose and repair vehicles.
- Knowledge of safe work practices, including hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply legislation, regulations and standards applicable to the assigned location (e.g. Federal, State/Provincial, local).
- Knowledge of NEC vision, values, structure, programs, service promise and relevant policies, procedures and practices to provide effective and efficient customer service.
- Knowledge of and experience using information technology and related software to access technical information and enter data.
- High school graduation or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 2 years automotive or truck Technical repair, hands-on and/or classroom training.
- Experience in the repair, maintenance and diagnostics of light / medium duty trucks / buses a plus.