Diesel Mechanic in Birmingham, Alabama
Contract to Hire
Shift: M - F, 7 am - 4 pm and 3 pm - midnight
Pay: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour, depending on experience
Diesel Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs repairs and preventative maintenance checks and services in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoots mechanical, electrical, air and hydraulic systems.
- Prepares tractor/trailers and assigned equipment for operation.
- Performs preventative maintenance on tools, repair parts, equipment and assigned vehicles.
- Adjust operating mechanisms.
- Determines extent of corrective action and repair parts required to correct malfunctions.
- Replace engine components and accessories.
- Responsible to possess and use necessary hand tools for assigned tasks.
- Capable of operating power tools and equipment.
- Obtains replacement parts and turns in unserviceable parts to part section while adhering to policies and required procedures.
- Reads, understands and applies information contained in company maintenance manuals, technical manuals, policies and common schematic diagrams.
- Knows and applies required company safety procedures.
- Completes applicable maintenance forms and records.
- Completion of other duties as assigned by supervisor or other designated authority.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Candidates For The Diesel Mechanic Position Will Have Met The Following:
- Equivalent of a high school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of related maintenance and repair on medium/heavy duty trucks.
- Must have own steel toe boots.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass DOT drug test & DOT physical.