Diesel School Bus Mechanic in Waco, Texas
Contract to Hire
Pay: $18.33/hr., depending on experience
Shift: 1st, M – F
Diesel School Bus Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Routine and preventative maintenance on school buses
- Diagnose malfunctions and perform vehicle repairs;
- Steering, electrical, cooling, brake systems, air brakes, warranty procedures, clutches, drive trains, suspension, gas regulating components, transmissions, etc.
- Ensures proper work methods and techniques
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State/Provincial and local regulations, requirements, standards and specifications and company policies.
- Maintain a safe, clean and productive work area
- Performs assigned vehicle and facility maintenance related duties (e.g. vehicle washing, cleaning, fueling, oil changes, lubrication, light vehicle repair etc.) in a safe and timely manner.
- Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualified Candidates For The Diesel School Bus Mechanic Position Will Have Met The Following:
- Equivalent of a high school diploma or GED & 2+ years of related maintenance and repair on bus/medium-duty vehicles.
- Must possess minimum hand tools for a diesel technician
- Must possess own steel toe boots
- Valid driver’s license
- CDL, or the ability to obtain
- ASE, preferred but not required