Diesel Bus Mechanic in Macomb, Illinois
Contract to Hire
Shift: 1st, M – F
Diesel Bus Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Provides support to the Maintenance Department and Technicians (e.g. vehicle washing, vehicle or facility cleaning, vehicle fueling, facility maintenance and repair etc.) in accordance with established schedules.
- Provides automotive repair and maintenance assistance to technical staff as assigned.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and brings any unsafe practices or conditions to the attention of supervisor.
- Records time and materials used for each assignment.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State/Provincial and local regulations, requirements, standards and specifications and company policies.
- Advises Lead Technician of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices and/or vehicle abuse.
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualified Candidates For The School Bus Mechanic Position Will Have Met The Following:
- Equivalent of a high school diploma or GED & 1+ years of Lube Technician experience on heavy load vehicles or diesel environment.
- Must possess minimum hand tools for a diesel technician
- Must possess own steel toe boots
- Valid driver’s license