Transmission Mechanic in Vernon Hills, Illinois
Contract to Hire
Shift: 2nd M – F, 2 pm - 10:30 pm
Pay: $16.00 - $17.00/hr., depending on experience + OT
***$100 Boot allowance a year
Transmission Mechanic Duties:
- Complete disassembly, troubleshooting and reassembly of transmissions for passenger cars, trucks, buses and agricultural equipment.
- Provide back up to wash, clean and sandblast transmission parts and paint and pack transmissions.
- Assisting in cleaning all areas in assigned department and packing, labeling and palletizing product.
- Clean, sandblast and/or paint product and parts.
- Assembles transmission or valve body.
- Preassembles product.
- Inspects clean parts.
- Performs related tasks as assigned.
Qualified Candidates For The Transmission Mechanic Position Will Have Met The Following:
- Equivalent of HS diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1 year of previous mechanical experience.
- Forklift experience and proper use of hand and pneumatic tools required.
- Basic computer skills and previous lean manufacturing experience preferred.