Parts Manager in Racine, Wisconsin
Shift: 1st, M - F
Pay: $65,000 - $75,000 Depending On Experience + Bonus
Parts Manager Summary : Responsible for directing and managing all Parts Department activities to meet sales, market share, profitability, asset management and customer satisfaction goals, while contributing to the overall growth of the dealership.
Parts Manager Responsibilities :
- Core Management - tracking of shipments, credits, monitoring cores owed, core swapping, and employee training.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual business plan including marketing and financial plans.
- Monthly sales meetings with staff to review performance, opportunities, challenges, and programs.
- Review and respond to issues identified in ADP management reports including MGR report, Report No Bin, Report No Cost, job stack, and others.
- Maintain proper inventory mix and levels of parts inventory while minimizing investment in over-age stock. Dealer Inventory Alliance (DIA), surplus returns, implementation of cycle counting, and consignment inventory management. Maintain inventory in proper source codes.
- Full implementation of electronic purchase order system and special order parts (SOR).
- Effective visual display with current featured and/or seasonal items and all items priced.
- Ensure inbound and outbound freight recovery from customers per company policy.
- Consistent, timely review and distribution of vendor communications to appropriate staff.
- Management of effective delivery system within established territory.
- Management of employee scheduling and overtime.
- Provide outstanding and professional customer service.
- Verify incentive compensation plan performance quarterly.
- Manage key vendor and customer relationships.
- Manage customer returns per policy.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Experience Requirements For the Parts Manager Position:
- College degree or equivalent experience in medium and heavy duty truck industry & 3+ years medium and heavy duty truck parts/service experience
- Knowledge of overall medium and heavy duty truck dealership operations
- Strong management background/experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills (PC and business system - i.e. ADP)
Why TransTechs: At TransTechs, employing technicians isn't just what we do - it's all we do! Our focus on technician staffing is your gain, a competitive edge in the job market. With TransTechs, you get access to a committed team of professionals who'll give your job search the personalized attention it deserves and the expertise you need to find a good-paying job with top-tier clients. And, your recruiter will stick with you as your advocate for the duration of your employment with us.