Diesel Mechanic - Advancement Opportunities! in Cincinnati, Ohio
Contract to Hire
Shift: Tues. - Sat., 1:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Pay: $18.00-$23.37/hr., depending on experience
Diesel Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose, rebuild and repair fleet diesel equipment (tractors, trailers, refrigeration units).
- Complete thorough documentation for work orders of repairs and preventative maintenance through the online system.
- Complete preventative maintenance of fleet diesel equipment.
- May be required to operate a company vehicle to diagnose and repair equipment as part of a road-side service call.
- Ensure equipment has required licensing and registration prior to being deemed as "roadworthy".
- Install, replace, and repair onboard computers (XRS) and/or cameras (Drive Cam)
- Work in a safe manner, per company, local, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Train other employees, act as a mentor.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Qualified Candidates For The Diesel Mechanic Position Will Have Met The Following:
- High school diploma or GED & 2+ years related diesel experience.
- Valid Driver's License to operate applicable company vehicles.
- Must possess own tools.
- ASE Certifications (Including Master-T).
- Trade school diploma or certification.
- Commercial Driver's License.