Stationary Equipment Mechanic - Competitive Pay Rates! in Jacksonville, Florida
Contract to Hire
Shift: Mon. – Sun. 2 PM – 12 AM
Pay: $17.00 - $21.00/hr.
Stationary Equipment Mechanic Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment, compact heavy equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems, brake systems, transmissions, electrical systems, engines, balers, conveyor systems and compactors.
- Diagnoses mechanical problems using charts, diagnostic software, technical manuals and expertise.
- Repairs or replaces parts, such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings, using mechanic's hand tools.
- Overhauls or replaces motors, gearboxes, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, conveyor belts and pumps.
- Reads and interprets VCRs and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor and/or equipment operators for clarification of problems.
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for applied times.
- May repair and install plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Candidates Qualified ForStationary Equipment Mechanic Will Have Met The Following:
- High school diploma or G.E.D., and/or mechanical or trade school certificate.
- 1+ year of related equipment maintenance and repair.
- Must have steel toe boots.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience with machinery preventative maintenance.
- Experience with production or manufacturing plant maintenance.
- Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience a plus.
- ASE certificates a plus
About TransTechs: TransTechs, part of TrueBlue, Inc. (NYSE: TBI), a family of blue collar staffing companies, serves the employment needs of the broad transportation and the general maintenance and repair sector by matching the maintenance needs of employers with technicians. As part of the TrueBlue family of companies, TransTechs offers the resources of a large corporation combined with the personal touch of a smaller employment provider. At TransTechs, we're proud of our reputation as a people-oriented employment provider. We care about our employees, and go the extra mile to help you identify strategies that will advance your career and help you perform at the highest possible level.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.