Diesel Technician - Medium & Heavy-duty Trucks in Yonkers, New York
Medium- and Heavy-duty trucks, Diesel Engines
Shift : M–F 1st - hours vary
Pay : $25.00 - $28.00+/hr. Depending On Experience
Diesel Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities :
- Performs inspection, diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance on medium and heavy duty trucks and other diesel engine vehicles.
- Reviews customer concern information regarding the type of service requested.
- Performs diagnostic testing and interprets results
- Develops repair plan based on information gathered and communicates plan to Service Advisor
- Repairs or replaces malfunctioning components, parts, and other mechanical or electrical equipment.
- Evaluates completed work to ensure proper repair prior to vehicle release to customer
- Signs for and turns in warranty parts
- Accurately logs time for each repair order
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualified Candidates For The Diesel Mechanic Position Will Have Met The Following:
- 1 year certificate from college or technical school; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Class A or Class B CDL preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge needed to research and complete repair order data entry.
TransTechs is a Military Friendly Employer and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
About TransTechs: TransTechs, part of TrueBlue, Inc. (NYSE: TBI), a family of blue collar staffing companies, serves the employment needs of the broad transportation and the general maintenance and repair sector by matching the maintenance needs of employers with technicians. As part of the TrueBlue family of companies, TransTechs offers the resources of a large corporation combined with the personal touch of a smaller employment provider. At TransTechs, we're proud of our reputation as a people-oriented employment provider. We care about our employees, and go the extra mile to help you identify strategies that will advance your career and help you perform at the highest possible level.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.