Heavy Diesel Mechanic - Premium Pay Rates! in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Contract to Hire
Pay: $18.00 - $30.00/hr., depending on experience
Shift: M-F 1st
School Bus Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Diagnose malfunctions and perform vehicle repairs; Steering, electrical, cooling, brake systems, warranty procedures, drive trains, suspension, transmissions, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State/Provincial and local regulations, requirements, standards and specifications and company policies.
- Routine and preventative maintenance on transit buses.
- Maintain a safe, clean and productive work area.
- Ensures proper work methods and techniques.
- Regular DOT inspections.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualified Candidates For The School Bus Mechanic Position Will Have Met The Following:
- Equivalent of a high school diploma or GED & 2+ years of related maintenance and repair in automotive or truck technical repair hands-on and/or two years of vocational training.
- Must furnish own tools and steel toe boots.
- Valid driver’s license.
- CDL, or the ability to obtain
- ASE, preferred but not required
Why TransTechs: At TransTechs, our focus is on staffing career-minded, professional technicians interested in working for some of the most sought-after private and public employers in the industry. Employing technicians isn't just what we do - it's all we do! TransTechs gives you a competitive edge in the job market with a dedicated team of professionals who'll give your job search the personalized attention it deserves, and the expertise you need to find a good-paying job with top-tier clients. Your recruiter is committed to sticking with you as your advocate for the duration of your employment with us.