Diesel Bus Mechanic in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Diesel powered buses
Contract to Hire
Pay: $20.00 - $22.00/hr., depending on experience
Shift: M – F, 1st shift
Diesel Bus Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Performs assigned vehicle and facility maintenance related duties as assigned in a safe and timely manner
- Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
- Performs road calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
- Test-drives vehicles to ensure problem resolution.
- Ensures proper work methods and techniques and ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State/Provincial and local regulations, requirements, standards and specifications and company policies.
- Ensures the maintenance of a clean, safe, effective and efficient work environment including Identifying and making recommendations to resolve unsafe maintenance conditions or practices.
- Maintains work, time and material and equipment maintenance logs and records for self.
- Prepares, completes and submits paperwork on time and correctly on vehicle maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidates Background:
- 2+ years' experience in automotive or truck technical repair
- Valid appropriate licenses and/or certification required to operate company vehicles
About TransTechs: TransTechs, part of TrueBlue, Inc. (NYSE: TBI), a family of blue collar staffing companies, serves the employment needs of the broad transportation and the general maintenance and repair sector by matching the maintenance needs of employers with technicians. As part of the TrueBlue family of companies, TransTechs offers the resources of a large corporation combined with the personal touch of a smaller employment provider. At TransTechs, we're proud of our reputation as a people-oriented employment provider. We care about our employees, and go the extra mile to help you identify strategies that will advance your career and help you perform at the highest possible level.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.