Lead Diesel Mechanic in McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania
Diesel powered buses
Contract to Hire
Pay: $22.00 - $25.00/hr., depending on experience
Competitive wage packages & exceptional performance rewards
Lead Diesel Mechanic Summary:
- Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs and related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
- Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem.
- Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
- Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
- Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance including repairs and maintenance required to be performed by Technicians with a higher qualification level.
- Records time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted on appropriate form.
- Performs road calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3+ years Med/Hvy truck Fleet mechanic repair experience
- Diagnostic, Electrical, and AC skills are a must
- Valid applicable state license (CDL preferred).
About TransTechs: TransTechs, part of TrueBlue, Inc. (NYSE: TBI), a family of blue collar staffing companies, serves the employment needs of the broad transportation and the general maintenance and repair sector by matching the maintenance needs of employers with technicians. As part of the TrueBlue family of companies, TransTechs offers the resources of a large corporation combined with the personal touch of a smaller employment provider. At TransTechs, we're proud of our reputation as a people-oriented employment provider. We care about our employees, and go the extra mile to help you identify strategies that will advance your career and help you perform at the highest possible level.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.