Shop Manager in San Francisco, California
Diesel powered buses
Pay: $100,000 - $120,000, depending on experience
Shift, M – F, 1st shift
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages staff members in the repair, preventive maintenance, servicing and cleaning of compressed natural gas, diesel, and alternative fuel powered buses and service vehicles.
- Monitors technician performance in a manner consistent with company/location policy.
- Ensures that all mechanics have the proper licenses and certifications including yard permits.
- Manages and inspects major, minor, and vendor repairs.
- Provides technical assistance and on-the-job training to mechanics.
- Develops work orders and the evaluation of all repairs performed by both the technicians and outside vendors
- Monitors radio communications during route times and ensures that all operator inquiries related to the mechanical operation of the vehicle are responded to immediately
- Responsible for vehicle titles, registration, DOT tax stamp; which includes Vehicle Change Notice's and annual registration fees.
- Assists to ensure DOT compliance and inspections of revenue and service equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidate Background:
- At least 5 years of related experience
- Knowledge of diesel engines and/or internal combustion engines, automatic transmissions, air brakes, steering, and drivelines.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information/situations.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
About TransTechs: TransTechs, part of TrueBlue, Inc. (NYSE: TBI), a family of blue collar staffing companies, serves the employment needs of the broad transportation and the general maintenance and repair sector by matching the maintenance needs of employers with technicians. As part of the TrueBlue family of companies, TransTechs offers the resources of a large corporation combines with the personal touch of a smaller employment provider. At TransTechs, we're proud of our reputation a people-oriented provider. We care about our employees, and go the extra mile to help you identify strategies that will advance your career and help you perform at the highest possible level.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.