Heavy Equipment Mechanic in Lenexa, Kansas
Heavy duty off highway equipment, transmissions, axles and components.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Contract to Hire
Pay: $23.00 - $26.00/hr., depending on experience
Shift: M – F, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Mechanic Summary: Primarily to service heavy duty off highway equipment, transmissions, axles and components.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Disassemble units for diagnosis and/or repair.
- Inspect, troubleshoot and diagnose unit failures.
- Devise solutions for unit failures through examination of equipment, specification sheets and manuals.
- Provide customer service/inside sales personnel with written documentation of parts needed in order to complete repair.
- Clean and degrease parts using appropriate chemicals and cleaning devises.
- Recondition and/or replace damaged parts and reassemble units using appropriate manuals and schematics.
- Test reassembled units for fitness.
- Paint reassembled units and prepare for storage or shipment.
- Perform field service work when necessary in a safe and timely manner.
- Assist sales personnel with customers who have service related questions.
- Provide on-the-job training to technicians and helpers as assigned.
- Maintain shop equipment and tools in good and safe working order.
- Complete all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Attend service schools and technical training as required by management.
- Perform all other duties as requested, assigned or required by management.
Ideal Candidate Background:
- 2+ years related maintenance & repairs experience
- Knowledge of basic hydraulic principals
- Knowledge of DC current and electronic fundamentals
- Demonstrated knowledge of failure analysis and the use of diagnostic equipment
About TransTechs: TransTechs, part of TrueBlue, Inc. (NYSE: TBI), a family of blue collar staffing companies, serves the employment needs of the broad transportation and the general maintenance and repair sector by matching the maintenance needs of employers with technicians. As part of the TrueBlue family of companies, TransTechs offers the resources of a large corporation combined with the personal touch of a smaller employment provider. At TransTechs, we're proud of our reputation as a people-oriented employment provider. We care about our employees, and go the extra mile to help you identify strategies that will advance your career and help you perform at the highest possible level.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.