Diesel Mechanic - Competitive Wages! in Louisville, Kentucky
Diesel powered vehicles
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00/hr., depending on experience
Shift: 4:00 PM – 1:00 AM
Diesel Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Performs repairs and maintenance of fleet vehicles in a safe.
- Services fleet vehicles per company maintenance schedules and/or from driver vehicle inspection reports.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots mechanical issues. Completes adjustments, repairs, and component replacements to vehicles, equipment, and related components.
- Checks, fills, and/or changes appropriate fluids for all vehicle parts and check/change filters.
- Ensures all safety devices on vehicles are in good working order.
- Assists in training less experienced technicians with repairs, maintenance assignments and adjustments.
- Performs required administrative duties when necessary, such as cycle counts, parts requisitions, warranties, etc.
- Performs routine housekeeping duties related tools, materials, and shop and work areas.
- Maintains accurate records (time, repair orders and parts usage) on computer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years’ experience on heavy load or diesel environment
- Advanced knowledge of truck components and systems
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. consistently
- Valid driver's license, CDL preferred
- ASE and CDL certifications preferred
About TransTechs: TransTechs, part of TrueBlue, Inc. (NYSE: TBI), a family of blue collar staffing companies, serves the employment needs of the broad transportation and the general maintenance and repair sector by matching the maintenance needs of employers with technicians. As part of the TrueBlue family of companies, TransTechs offers the resources of a large corporation combines with the personal touch of a smaller employment provider. At TransTechs, we're proud of our reputation a people-oriented provider. We care about our employees, and go the extra mile to help you identify strategies that will advance your career and help you perform at the highest possible level.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.